Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dangerous Mind... magazine 2.0

The emotional window

If you have questions and you couldn`t answer them by yourself ... don`t be worried here you can ask for help, actually, we are here only to listen to you...

Hello, I am writing to you because I have a lot of problems with my students. To be honest, one of them named Danny, is a very smart kid, but he doesn`t believe it and also some teachers told me that he is taking drugs. Now my question is... What can I do to help him? I really don`t know how to handle this, please I am a teacher who is worry about her student, I will be very grateful if you can help me.

Miss. Johnson.


Dear Miss Johnson

First of all don`t be afraid, the emotional window is here to help you. This case is very common within school, isn`t it? Unfortunately, are only a few teachers who are determinated to do something for thier students, that is why we are very glad to help in this case. We all know that be a teacher is an extremely hard work, but please take it easy and don`t give up. If your student is taking drugs you need to talk to him about it, but you have to be careful with your words becasue you have to create a comfortable atmosphere, he is not waiting for a fight with you only for a good and real conversation. For intance you can deal with this in a friendly way not as a autority or a police, you need to ask him why is he doing this? And be aware about his problems, that`s mean, his weakness and straight to realize what influence him to does this. Then you can start to help him with different method, rehabilitation, practice sports, group therapy and so forth. Remember don`t get your hopes up, after all, now you are the support of him. Then with time he is going to be aware about his habilities and also you can show him that he can fly as other students. Be pasient, here we send you a beautiful quote that could be useful for you and your students “If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail". Maybe you should try a screwdriver this year.

4 comments:

  1. FIRST ONE!!
    ok I think the idea of this magazine section show us that you really were worry about doing something new and original. I like it, but i like most the name of the section. "THE EMOTIONAL WINDOW"
    REALLY GOOD job.
    congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you'd be an amazing advicer for teachers, you know? I know you based your writing in the book and miss J reactions, but I could see the real "Ingrid's thoughts" in there, I know you'd do the best for your students, no matter if they are doing drugs or just failing a course, you'll do exactly what they need.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME, that's the only word I find to describe such an amazing job. I would really like that there were some teacher's magazines out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious!
    I loved it, I mean it.
    It looks like a cheap newspaper but with class xDDDD!
    kisses honey :*

    ReplyDelete